– 3 lbs. sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
– 4 tbsp. butter
– 4 garlic cloves minced
– 1 tbsp. flour
– 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– approx. 1 tsp. salt
– pinch of ground pepper
– 2 cups shredded cheese
(Serves 12+ …I actually halved this recipe for Hub & I – and I could’ve served 6 easily!)
1. Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes. 1/8 inch or less! (If you are cutting your sweet potatoes hours ahead of time, place them in a bowl of cold water until you are ready to put together the dish & bake. If you are baking right away, preheat oven to 400 degrees.)
2. Melt butter in a pan with the minced garlic. When melted, sauté for 30 seconds. (Sauté is a fancy word for move around in the pan. 🤷🏽♀️)
3. Add in flour & whisk. Whisk until fully combined.
4. Add in Parmesan cheese, milk, and whipping cream. Sprinkle in desired amount of salt & ground pepper. Approximately 1 teaspoon of salt & 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. (I hardly ever measure spices. I just throw in a couple pinches until I feel confident about it.☺️ I always add extra pepper!)
4. Stir together & bring to a low boil.
5. Remove from heat & let cool.
6. Place sweet potato slices into desired casserole dish or pan. (I halved the recipe, so I used a dish smaller than a 9×13.)
7. Stir in shredded cheese to cooled sauce.
8. When stirred completely, pour over sliced sweet potatoes.
9. Bake covered with foil on 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Uncover and then cook for an additional 10 minutes or so. (I found my halved recipe really took approximately 50+ minutes to cook to my desired taste. I like my sweet potatoes softer and not super crunchy. If you like a bony veggie, you won’t need to cook any extra. However – depending on how close and packed in your sweet potato slices are, you might have to cook extra, anyway!)
10. Enjoy! 👏🏽🍠🍽
I paired this tasty dish with ham (coated with brown sugar and Greek seasoning), broccoli, and Garlic Toast!
Hub & I enjoyed this different dish to spice up our normally boring potato sides!
Try out this recipe! Comment below with your review! ⬇️
Photo creds: Yours truly
Recipe creds: Pinterest
2 Comments Add yours
Sure looks yummy. Will have to try it sometime😉❤️
You r cooking up some yummy things. Will have to try them sometime😉❤️