Why did it take a pandemic for us to…
- Write encouraging notes on the sidewalks
- Check in on our neighbors
- Grab groceries for others
- Say “hello” when passing someone on the street
- Text our friends and check up on them
- Broadcast the name of Jesus via our church services live on Facebook every Sunday
- Slow down and enjoy our family
- Use the food we have had hiding in the back of our cabinets
- Join hundreds of others in front of hospitals to pray for our medical personnel
- Realize we aren’t in control
- Be thankful for the many things we do have
- Trust Jesus in a whole new way
- Spend more time outdoors
- Get back to the basics and enjoy the simple things
- Offer more meals & support for the needy
- Forget Standardized Testing and focus on teaching the WHOLE child
- Take life one day at a time
- Stop running on fumes
- Make our home our safe place
- Realize we need each other
- Come together as a nation and pray
Why, friend? Why? Why did it take Covid-19 to wreak havoc on our normal, too busy to breathe lifestyle? Why did it take a global pandemic to show us we needed a major change as humans?
Don’t get me wrong. The list above contains ONLY positive things. I am all for each and every one of them!
However, we should be practicing these thoughtful, Christlike gestures 24/7 – 365 days a year – whether there is a global pandemic or not.
The Church is not a building. We – you & me – ARE the Church. Jesus, help us!
Photo creds: Yours truly (Saw this beautiful piece of art on the sidewalk during my morning walk!)