Precursor: Most of these opinions aren’t based in a bunch of science. They are based in living life. I’m 26. I don’t know everything. But, I am confident of a few things. And I have opinions, too.
So, feel free to read. Or ignore. These are just my current musings…
1. Working for minimum-wage at a fast food joint (starting as a teenager) helped me learn what the real world is like and that money doesn’t grow on trees. (I look back to my Wendy’s days with many fond memories, but making hamburgers does not deserve $15 an hour… change my mind!)
2. Sarcasm doesn’t get you as far as kindness does.
3. I can’t help the fact that I was born the color I was, and I’m not going to hang my head about it. Skin color in no way defines me or somehow makes me better than someone else.
4. If you have a right to believe your own opinion and share it, you can’t keep someone else from sharing theirs… in the history of ever, that’s never worked. You don’t get to decide what someone says.
5. Living outside of your means might be the cool thing to do right now, but it’s a big headache and a rat-race that never ends.
6. It’s OK to dream, but if you start to become discontent, you need have to re-prioritize.
7. There’s always going to be somebody better than you at something. Or everything. Don’t let it get to you. What you bring to the world is still needed. Even if it’s not the best. (Stop striving for something that’s not possible! Get over it…)
8. Life isn’t fair. It rains on the just and the unjust. (The more you complain about it, the fewer friends you will have…)
9. You can’t change anybody’s mind on social media. Why don’t you stop trying?
10. It’s time Christians stopped freaking out. We brag and boast that God is our foundation. But something doesn’t go our way in the world, and all of a sudden “the world is ending” and “it’s never been this bad.” How about we go back to being eternity-focused like we’ve always been supposed to be?
Photo creds: http://www.unsplash.com