- I like being the center of attention, but I feel stupid and awkward way more often than you’d imagine.
- I don’t always want to fill in the awkward silence that all of you introverts create, but it’s like words come bubbling out with each breath. Sometimes to my dismay. Really. I just can’t help it.
- I get stressed in big groups of people or at parties. Not because I don’t think I won’t find someone to talk to, but because there’s no way I’ll be able to talk to everyone. Bummer.
- Just because I’m extroverted doesn’t mean I want to be in charge. Thanks, but no thanks. (However…)
- I am bossy. I don’t mean to be, but I can’t handle things running chaotically. If you don’t step up and fix it, I’ll accidentally take over. Not because I want to, but because I can’t handle the pain of watching something fail because no one will “man” or “woman” up, tell people what to do, and get the show on the road.
- I appreciate people who laugh at my corny jokes. Most humans aren’t brave enough to even crack one, OK? So give me a break, people.
- I’ve cried myself to sleep more times than I want to admit. I care way too much about what my peers, classmates, friends, family, bosses, and coworkers think about me.
- I’ve been hurt many times, but that will never stop me from putting myself out there – time and again. I need that human connection, almost constantly.
- I’ll crack a joke about myself, if it means that a chill, stiff room will loosen up and melt a little. I can handle it.
- I don’t like to be taken for granted. I’m one of a kind. I’m full of energy. Yeah, sometimes I’m “too much.” But, the world needs little, ‘ole extroverted me – just as much as it needs quiet, ever observant introverted you.
To my fellow extroverted readers, followers, acquaintances, and friends – Don’t stop being you. You might be loud, crazy, sometimes obnoxious, and a little too lively. But, I love and appreciate you – and so do many others!
p.s. Be on the lookout for “Confessions of an Introvert” – written by an introvert I love dearly – Coming soon!